October 22, 2013

31 Day Challenge – Day 24: Inspired By A Book (Coraline)


Hey guys! It's time for a new design! It's been three days and I can't let it be more! Today's mani had to be inspired by a book and I chose on of my favorite books which later became a movie ''Coraline''.



I tried to represent the most importante elements of the story on my nails.
  • Index: it's the key Coraline finds which will later open the door to ''the other side''
  • Middle and Ring: the needle and the two black buttons that the Other Mother wants to sow on her eyes. I know creepy right?
  • Pinky: the cat that helps Caroline through the story 
  • Thumb: I copied the title of the book in the same style and colors

This was the main inspiration for my middle and ring finger. It's the moment where the ''Other Mother'' shows her the black buttons.


These are all the colors I used for this design, I tried to get the exact green of the plate and I think I did it quite well, don't you think?


Have you read the book or seen the film adaptation? It may look like a book for kids but I wouldn't recommend it, it's a bit scary for the little ones but I love it! That's all for today I hope you liked the design. Happy polishing!

No comments :

Post a Comment