June 11, 2013

June Nail Art Challenge – Day 10: Saran Wrap (Turquoise Stone Effect)

Hey guys! Today's theme for the June Nail Art Challenge was saran wrap. I had never done this technique before, but hey this is what challenges are for right? Trying new things, new designs, lots of inspiration...

Lately I've been seeing around lots of designs that use water spotting techniques to recreate this stone effect look. As you know I'm terrible with water and polish, just look at my last watermarble, but I really liked the idea. I thought I could achieve a similar effect with saran wrap. And I think I did.
I really like how they turned out. I seems I have left my nail fails behind. What do you think? I think it's an alternative to using water for the stone effect. Okay it doesn't look that realistic but if I use water I would probably make a bigger mess than I could ever make with saran wrap method. They actually look better in person.


I hoped you liked this new design for the June nail art challenge. Share this with your friends if you like it and comment if you have any questions. Happy polishing!

No comments :

Post a Comment